My daughter and I have decided we have too much stuff so we are using up what we have till it’s gone. This is to use up the vast amounts of stuff we have.
I found a pack of vellum amongst my stuff so I decided to have a go.I’ve never used vellum before, I bought it because I thought it looked cool (something I have to stop doing). After trying a few things (and failing) I decided to start simple and stamp onto it using distress ink. This worked surprisingly well considering it’s dye based ink, and it didn’t smear all over the place once it had dried.
I couldn’t use the whole of the flower image
1) because it is a very large stamp
2) I had messed it up testing things out so I decide to put a frame around the parts I could use.
The pink paper for the main frame was embossed with an embossing folder one side at a time because the folder was a lot smaller than the paper and a circle was cut from the middle.
To pick out the pattern I lightly rolled over it with a brayer and some Versamark, sprinkled on some embossing powder and heated it with a heat gun.
I’ve used a darker pink card around the sentiment butterfly and centre border to help everything stand out. The corners of the card were rounded.
Everything here was a huge experiment so it was nice to get a decent card at the end.
Thanks for dropping by and reading my ramblings. Till next time, have fun x
Distress Ink – Picked Raspberry
Indigoblu – Giant Peony
Woodblock – Happy Birthday
Spelbinders – Wonderful Wings
Spelbinders – Nested Circles
Embossing folder – Free from magazine
Silver embossing powder