Hi there, how are you?
Another week of inky drawings on brown paper.
It’s been interesting so far, where do the dark darks go and just how much white is too much? I used a grey pitt pen for some of the shading and hatching for other bits.
1. octopus – (above) swimming in the water, I might have gone a little mad on the white gell pen here but overall I like it
2. frogs – blue poisoned dart frogs to be exact, beautiful and deadly. They looked a little sad sitting on the page so I gave them a background and rocks to sit on.
3. fish – high-fin cardinal fish are so pretty in aquariums, all of the white parts glow in the tank lights.
4. turkey – not the most beautiful birds to draw but definitely one of the more interesting. I used the official prompt “pattern” for this one with all of the fancy feathers.
5. crab – I’m not sure what type of crab this is, In the photo it was purple and very pretty.
6. next – (move along please nothing to see here) I made a birthday cake and card on this day and there was no day left over for inktobering *sad face*
7. sparrow – I do love a sparrow and the photo of this one was so cute. also we had been out for the younglings birthday dinner and eating afore mentioned cake (yummm)
So that’s how inktober is going at the moment. I’m not stressing over the missed days, if I have time I may make the numbers up or not, its still good practice either way.
I’m not following prompts, unless they fit in with the things I’ve drawn but it is fascinating to see how other people have interpreted the prompts in their own interesting and out of the box ways.
Thanks for taking the time to stop by. Till next time, have fun x