Hi there how are you?
It’s Week 4, almost there now, just a few days to go. I managed a drawing every day this week so am patting myself on the back for sheer determination. The challenge is quite enjoyable but deciding what to draw is a lot of work.
Had I followed the prompts I’m sure it would have taken even longer because I found the words really hard to interpret this year.
1. Dancing crane – (above) a single dancing crane (there was only room for one on the page) I used a big red sun in the background. The paper wrinkled a bit because the red ink was very thin.
2 + 3 humming birds – I drew a hummingbird in the first week; he was just taking flight and a little puffed out. The next two hummingbirds are in full flight, I love the shapes their little bodies make.
4. parrot – I drew this one from one of the photos I had taken of some green parrots at the zoo. We were looking up into the trees so it’s a slightly strange angle.
5. hare – they have loner ears and legs than rabbits with that startled stare that means they’re ready to run.
6. kingfisher –Usually I would draw them sitting but I wanted to draw them moving so this time it’s going for a dive. I like the way this one turned out, it has plenty of detail but it’s not too fussy.
7. tree frog – took a photo of this little guy a few weeks ago, he was just hanging around.
Note to self, not all papers are created equal. I’m using paper recycled form the inside of last years Christmas wrapping and most of it has been good quality but this one was far more absorbent and didn’t really suit the technique I used, also it drained all of the ink out of the pen!
Although I have found the prompts this year hard I have seen some fantastic interpretations by other people, maybe I need to try harder to make them work, something to think about.
Thanks for taking the time to stop by. Till next time, have fun x